Sunday, November 06, 2005

Okays, umm, hello all.. haha, I don't know what to type in this first blog. Well first of all, I created this blog in mind for odd purposes. I always had Electric Plug in mind, but I mean, its not exactly related to its purpose, so I wanted to name it Goldfish Bowl, but apparently it was taken so like, yeah.. Electric Plug it was!

So the original planning was going to be revolving around me (of course) but also the works of my "program"/"experiment"/"hobby"

That is fish breeding, well I don't know, a lot of people at school frown upon such behavious in a way, I mean a lot of people look at me differently. More-so like I'm a freak cause they think fish breeding is more of a retarded thing and they think I'm gay for doing it, so like.. yeah.. I hate them..

Well, I'm planning to breed the German Blue Rams (yeah, I'll post up a picture of them) again as my first breeding start up. After all, they're pretty easy to breed, pretty low maintanence, look good, and aren't crazy multipliers like thems Guppies.. Actually, not many people consider breeding Guppies as an ACTUAL breeding thing. I mean, they're as simple as this equation: 1 male + 1 female + water + time = fry

And that's LITERALLY how Guppy breeding works. So basically if you want to get some form of breeding status, don't use livebearers unless your ACTUALLY using them for commercial purposes meaning if one is to purposely seperate them to get a certain color form, strain, or phenotype, then everything else isn't accounted under "breeding of Guppies."

So yeah, I have Guppies, I let them breed and multiply, only thing is is that I don't go about saving the fry so I don't become over run with Guppies in my tanks. They fend for themselves in my tank and only the fit will survive. No Guppy over population and there'll never be an extinction of Guppies in my tanks. Population equilibrium is key here guys.

So anyways, back to the German Blue Rams. I've had experience with these guys before, I've bred them once before about 2 years ago.. The fry only reached juveniles cause I couldn't feed them all and they kinda died out.. so yeah.. Not a very happy accomplishment but an accomplishment none-the-less I guess..

Only thing is, I just need food to feed the fry. I'm looking for a starter culture (or just A culture) of Microworms. If anyone has seen any or can provide me with one, please e-mail me and we can discuss this topic further. Thank you for your time guys! Hope I can breed them soon enough! I guess that about wraps up this blog..

Pictures:
Yes yes, I know they are of horrible quality, but they're 2 years old! My skills have gotten a tid-bit better but I'm no aspiring photographer so SHHHHHH!

Basically they're all about the breeding I got out of them. They mostly revolve around their nest once they make a designated egg-laying site so yeah =P


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home